Whether you’re building a new house or renovating the existing one, it is a difficult project to do it yourself. When it comes to installing tiles in your different rooms, the whole experience can be burdensome for you. Hiring a tile contractor can save you some time and hassles. However, finding the right contractor or installer is not an easy task either. You need to make sure that the job is finished in the most professional manner possible and you enjoy beautifully tiled floors, walls or countertops. Following are 5 useful tips to help you facilitate this hiring process.
1. You can begin your pursuit for the right tile contractor by talking to your family members and friends first. If any of them have recently completed a tile remodeling project, contact them to find out what their overall experience with the contractor was. If they are satisfied with the job done, they won’t hesitate to recommend the contractor they hired. In case of dissatisfaction, you at least know who you should avoid.
2. An alternate way to find a credible contractor is to get in touch with professionals who are somehow connected to the tile installers or contractors in your region. They include realtors, builders, interior designers, masons, or flooring wholesalers. When you approach these professionals, they will certainly provide you with some good references.
3. You can also benefit from visiting a number of local tile stores and seeking their recommendations. These stores are in fact a great source of finding several reliable tile contractors. The shop owners or employees usually have good relationships with many expert installers in their areas. If you’re going to purchase your materials from a local tile shop, then the same shop would definitely recommend you a few trusted names. Since you’re their valued customer, they won’t want to break this relationship by referring inexperienced or incapable contractors to you.
4. A quick way of finding many local tile contractors is to visit a tile directory online and search by city or zip code there. These directory sites usually display listings with descriptions, photos, contact details, ratings, reviews, etc.
5. Once you have a good list of contractors, you can call them up, meet them personally, get their quotes, and ask them any number of questions you have in your mind. Remember, pricing should not be your sole criterion for hiring a tile contractor. You should evaluate the prospects on several other factors such as how long they have in this profession, what their past projects are, who their past clients are, etc. Ask to see photos of their previous tile installations. Contact their past customers. If they have good words to say about the work of their contractors, your hiring process is almost done. You can also test the knowledge of prospective tile installers by asking them about their technique of installation and kind of materials they use. Clear all your doubts regarding their charges before making a decision.
From the purchase of high quality wholesale floor tiles to hiring an expert tile contractor, you can satisfy both these needs at Way Floors – a floor and decor shop of repute in Brandon, FL. They serve the entire Tampa Bay Area with their quality products like ceramic, porcelain and glass tiles, laminate wood flooring, vinyl flooring, solid hardwood flooring, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and granite and marble floor tile. Have a look at their complete range by visiting Wayfloors.com today!