Tiles are the most popular option when it comes to decorating your bathroom. They offer an exciting alternative to wallpapers or paint and render your space a unique and stylish look. Creatively designed tiles are sure to take your bathroom’s appearance to a whole new level.
The first thing to consider before the installation is the tiles should be carefully measured because the same tiles made by different manufacturers can vary slightly in thickness and size. Following are some of the principles of selecting tiles that will definitely help you purchase the perfect tiles for your bathroom.
• Choose light-colored tiles: Light colors can make the space feel bigger. Many homes usually have small bathrooms with no windows at times. Now, it’s up to the decor as well as lighting to make it look more spacious and airy. So, keep this in mind while choosing tile colors for your bathroom.
• Don’t use more than three varieties in the same space: There is a rule of three for bathroom tiles;one type for the walls, one for the floor and the last one for feature and accent. Using more varieties other than these will result in visual clutter.
• Materials that matter the most:
Glass:Among the most popular choices, glass tiles for bathroom come in a variety styles and colors. Glass makes a small bathroom look bigger because it reflects light. However, due to their difficulty in installation, glass tiles can be more expensive than other options.
Ceramic:These tiles are durable, stain resistant and waterproof as well. They are easy to install and clean and also resistant to odors and bacteria. If you are interested in a ceramic style, go for the slip-resistant ones to avoid any accident.
Porcelain: It is also a popular bathroom tile choice.Porcelain is a bit tougher and not very absorbent, hence can be used in bathrooms. However, it is more expensive than ceramic.
Stone:Natural stone tiles will give nice, textured feelings, but they demand more maintenance than other tiles. Natural stone is also porous and will hold on to the dirt and grime. You can install these tiles outside the shower area if you really want them but with less maintenance.
• Choose your expensive tiles first: If you want to install the same type of tiles throughout the bathroom,it is fine; but if you want to opt for different kinds, then prioritize your favorite ones and determine their affordability. Some types of tiles are expensive, so you have to use them strategically. For example, those tiles can be used behind the sink to become a feature or as a niche in a shower wall.
• Size matters:Large sizes are in trend these days and are ideal for wall or shower benches. But it is advisable to use small sizes as they help in avoiding slips and fall accidents.
Before buying your tiles, make sure they are waterproof to last really long.If you’re searching for all of these above varieties of floor tiles for sale in Tampa Bay Area, FL, then pay a visit to the showroom of Way Floors which is one of the leading floor tile stores in the region. This credible floor and decor shop offers an extensive range of wholesale floor tiles at factory rebated prices. Choose from ceramic and porcelain tiles as well as laminate wood flooring, solid hardwood flooring, vinyl flooring bathroom, and natural stone floor tiles like marble, granite, travertine, limestone, etc. right here. Visit their website Wayfloors.com for more details!