A buyer who is looking for durability and design at a great value, laminate is a terrific option for them. To understand laminate a little better and choose the best material for your home, following is some useful information on this flooring option.
Meaning of Laminate Flooring
Laminate is one of the durable, versatile and easy to maintain flooring types. Basically, it is synthetic type of flooring made of several layers and designed to look like stone, tile, authentic hardwood and other materials.
Is Laminating Flooring Durable?
Multi-layer construction of laminate is highly resistant to stains, wear and tear, and heavy traffic, thus making it popular with homeowners having an active and big family.
Construction of Laminate Flooring
Each layer of laminate flooring serves a purpose, but they work together to make it durable. There are different layers with each one having a specific role to play.
• Wear Layer: This is a clear, hardened melamine layer that protects the floor from stains, spills, fading, and resists scratches and scuffs.
• Design Layer: A photographic image displays highly realistic visuals of natural stone or hardwood.
• Inner Core: It is a high density fiberboard that provides the flooring with durability, stability and moisture resistance.
• Backing: This one is a balancing layer that protects the floor from warping.
Do This Flooring Looks Like Real Wood?
It can surely look like real wood. It’s not just the photographic image but also modern techniques that are used to create a texture and visual that are consistent with each other.
Where Can Laminate Flooring Be Installed at Home?
This type of flooring can be installed almost anywhere in your home as long as you have a structurally sound, dry, clean and flat subfloor. You can also install laminate flooring on an existing floor made of concrete, ceramic tiles, wood, vinyl sheets or even carpet.
Longevity of Laminate Wood Flooring
It can last for a long time, even a lifetime. But, it depends on which type of material you choose and how you have maintained it. Laminate flooring is better than most of the flooring types available in the market.
How to Choose the Best Laminate Floor?
• Look: Whatkind of design do you want? Is it contemporary, urban, rustic, coastal, cottage or anything else? Then, choose one accordingly for your home.
• Colors: Laminate flooring is available in a wide range of colors and you will certainly find your suitable color that goes well with your interior decor.
• Texture: There are different textures such as embossed type, overall texture and hand scraped texture. Choose the one you want.
• Width: Wide widths are trending as they give room feel open and sophisticated. So, select the width according the style and architecture of your home.
• Gloss: You may prefer fine finish also known as high gloss or matte finish also called low gloss look.It is your personal taste.
Find out the largest in-stock laminate wood flooring selection in Tampa Bay Area by visiting Way Floors – a popular laminate flooring shop in the region. Choose from a variety of textures and colors here. The shop offers many different types of floor tiles for sale, such as porcelain, ceramic, wood looking, glass, vinyl, marble, granite, limestone, travertine, etc. Buy Moroccan tiles from Way Floors to add an Arabic and Mediterranean touch to your home. Are you looking for experts for laminate, vinyl, tile or wood floor installation? Just get in touch with them for a perfect solution. They take up bathroom and kitchen remodeling projects too. Their website Wayfloors.com can provide you with more details.